Search this Blog

Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 27th





... yesterday -  June 27th - was just a nice evenience for yours truly - i.e. my birthday... but... what happens if while I browsed in my discotheque for some music, to have a relaxed listen before dinner... I randomly picked up my mono copy of Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention's "Freak Out!" on Verve?


Nothing... it's only a seminal, cool, great double discs-set by one of the most beloved musicians and composers, ever...










... but... ho, hooo... hey!


It was originally issued... right-on June 27th, 1966.


Only a chance?


So... happy birthday, Freak Out!... and happy birthday to me...


... just a little mind-boggled, I continued my FZ's-moment-listening with "Lumpy Gravy" first side.




Strange world it is!




No comments: