Search this Blog

Pageviews

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Where have all the flowers gone?





Like a traditional I sang and (badly) played when in my teens, after listening and learning it from Joan Baez... where have all the pre-owned gears gone?

Pre-owned, previously-cared for, second-hand… whatever: I was just remembering about all the gear I owned in the past… talking about 44 years of audio passion…



When an Audiomart subscriber and community member, I had several sought-after pieces of gears: something - aehm, most of them - are gone – i.e. Marantz 9, Marantz 1, Marantz 3, Radford STA15 and SC 22, Quad ESL and Quad II,, Stax F81, Futtermann H3AAA, KLH 9, Audio Research SP6B and Audio Research SP 10, others are still my own - on a shelf, actually - like Marantz 7C and 10B… gone are several Garrard 301, Technics SP10 mkII, SME 3012R, Koetsu Rosewood Signature and several Revox A77 and B77 and Basis Debut and Studer C37 and  Linn Sondek LP12 and EMT 927st and… and… and…






Some piece of gears are deeply missed, some not... how I wish I kept EMT 927st, Studer C 37 and Marantz 1s, Model 3 and Marantz 9... they were almost cheap, thirty some years ago... and now are so sought after and almost impossible to be afforded.  




... but I don't need'em, anyway.

I feel like I spent zillions in all these years… maybe I wasted zillions, yet I learned a lot…

… sure  that I’m not after collecting, but experimenting…

So, just wondering... where are my pre-owned piece of gears, now?

Sold, re-sold and re-re-sold or still in same hands?

Trashed or in nice shape?

Strange or not, I’m still very fond of my very first stereo, the one my mom bought and which played my first 7” 45 rpm… it lasted ‘til I bought Thorens TD 160… and so I began my career as an audio addict.

No problem in tracing where my first stereo went... in pieces, broken by my younger twin brothers... like my toy train and my toy cars... much more difficult for the other gears...

Just curious... mmmmhhhh...



No comments: