Search this Blog

Pageviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

John Fahey's wisdom



From one of my MOST beloved musicians and masters, ever:

"There is something about guitars - maybe something magical - when played right, which evokes past, mysterious, barely conscious sentiments, both individual and unversal. The road to the unconscious past.

Guitar is a caller.

It brings forth emotions you didn't know you had.

It's a very personal instrument."


John Fahey ( from: "How Bluegrass Music destroyed my Life"- page 218)

I agree from my deepest soul... humbly said, myself, too, when playing one of my acoustic guitars I clearly "feel" when that "something" - which the late, beloved John talks about - clicks, happens... it may be after ten minutes playing, late in the night or early in the morning or in a lazy afternoon Saturday afternoon...

It simply happens... and "guitar" becomes an antenna, capturing music which is in the air, while improvising, so naturally.

No comments: